Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Art of Inspiration

picture found here

I look through flickr often to find pictures that coordinate with whatever I'm blogging about. I'm continually amazed by the talent and creativity of so many photographers and artists.

Art inspires my writing more than anything else. Graffiti, billboards, photographs, landscapes, sculptures, whatever - I automatically create a story in my mind surrounding a piece of art. I have several WIP-in-waiting because of a piece of art I've seen. Hopefully someday I will actually get around to writing them all.

What pieces of art have inspired you lately?

8 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I need to check out flickr more. They have the coolest pics! My imagination does take me away when I see certain pictues or art. I can't think of anything recently, but I love to go to art museums and let my creative side go!

B.J. Anderson said...

My sister does some really awesome photography, and I find myself browsing through her sight in my spare time. She takes a lot of people pictures, and that gets me thinking about characters.

Jody Hedlund said...

I need to check out flickr too! I've only used it a few times but everyone gets such great pics from it, I should use it more!

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Great post. :)

I am often inspired by pictures of buildings or environments. A ruined, rambling wood house on the edge of a mountain was the inspiration for a magical farm in my first book.

I have other photos--little stone houses deep in a wood, winding alleys in Spain--sitting in a folder, just waiting for me to write them into something. :)

Cindy R. Wilson said...

That's a great way to get inspired. Do you hold onto pictures you like for future inspiration? Music inspires me the most but I love looking at photographs.

Danyelle L. said...

I love looking at pictures on Deviant art whenever I have a moment. I enjoy finding the stories behind the pictures. :D

Susan R. Mills said...

There are many pictures I love, but I don't know much about art, so I could never tell you who the artists are. Like Cindy, though, I am most inspired by music.

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

I do hang on to photos I like...for future use. You just never know when you might need a beautiful wreck of a ship on a beach! ;)