Friday, November 6, 2009
If you don't believe me, check out this post she just put up on Genreality. What a brave woman, and what a wonderful snapshot for us aspiring authors to see how the business side of writing works.
Thank you for sharing this with us, Lynn!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I started out strong the first two days (my days off) and started to slump since. I think I'm about 1,000 words behind.
Here was my plan -
- Wake up at 4:00 and write for one hour, then go to work.
- Write (and maybe eat some too) during my lunch break.
- Play with my daughter after work and then write some more after she goes to bed.
Here is what actually happened -
- Hit the snooze button repeatedly, then later in the week actually change the time to be later...much later.
- Write during my lunch break - okay...this one was done.
- Play with my daughter after work and then watch some of my favorite shows...then get a couple hundred words in.
Yep, not up to a fantastic start...but I keep thinking I'll make it up on my days off of work. I mean, I should be able to get about ten thousand words in on Monday. Right???
Here are some other ladies who have blogged about their experience much more eloquently.
And I'm sure there are so many more...but I lost them after reading them in google reader. Yes, I've been a lurker this week.
Now, should I change my alarm back to it's original eye-blearing time?
Are you doing NaNo? How is your progress? What is your writing schedule?